15 mA +12V
Voltage Controlled Oscillator
The System80 820 Eurorack Oscillator is a utility Voltage Controlled Oscillator (VCO) based on the saw integrator and waveshapers common to many vintage Roland designs from the late 1970s. It features a discrete temperature compensated saw (ramp) core coupled to waveshaping circuitry that produces a pulse wave with adjustable width, a triangle wave and a sine wave. The conversion of the saw wave to a triangle wave produces a distinctive reset glitch at each peak. The triangle wave is bent by a diode shaper to produce an approximate sine wave.
- Discrete Voltage Controlled Oscillator with temperature compensated exponential converter
- 1 V/octave tracking over 8 octaves
- Sync input with weak and strong oscillator sync modes
- 1 V/octave CV input + one attenuated exponential CV inputs for pitch/frequency modulation
- Five position octave range switch
- Waveform outputs: Pulse, Ramp, Triangle, and Sine
- Pulse Width Modulation CV input
820 is open source hardware. The design files are available on Github
You may purchase the 820 directly from System80 or from one of our dealers. Please note that we typically ship within 2-3 business days and will contact you if there is a delay in shipping your order. Prices are in US dollars ($USD).
Our modules are manufactured in Toronto, Canada using local labor for panel fabrication, robotic circuit board assembly and final hand assembly and testing.