110 mA +12V
Analog Drum Machine for Eurorack
The System80 880 is a recreation of the classic analog drum machine of the 1980s reformatted into a 60 HP Eurorack module. It couples the 16 analog drum voices of the original to an enhanced TR-style step sequencer.
- 16 analog drum voices (6 single voices, 5 switchable dual voices) with global accent
- Pattern sequencer with 1-32 steps
- 12 banks of 16 patterns
- 12 rhythm tracks
- Shuffle and roll modes
- External MIDI triggering of drum voices
- 11 individual drum voice outputs + master output with volume control
- 2 assignable trigger outputs
- External sync via MIDI clock, DIN Sync or clock pulse.
Operation Manual [PDF]
Processed with Eurorack effects by beta tester Solvent:
and a track by beta tester mimoid:
There are also these videos that feature the 880:
External triggering and powered enclosure
A trigger expander Eurorack module and a powered enclosure are currently in development. Availability TBA.
The 880 has a non-commercial open source license. The design files and firmware are available on Github.
The 880 is currently sold out. The next production run will be available autumn 2019. Sign up to the pre-order list to reserve one. Pricing is in US dollars ($USD)
Our modules are manufactured in Toronto, Canada using local labor for panel fabrication, robotic circuit board assembly and final hand assembly and testing.